POLICIES AND REGULATIONSSEFLIN
The SEFLIN Library Card allows borrowing privileges at other
1. SEFLIN Library Cards will be made available to all Carlos
Albizu University full-time faculty, professional staff and students
2. Individuals must have no outstanding library obligations
(fines, overdue materials, etc.), and have a favorable borrowing
record with the Albizu Library.
Individuals must be either currently employed or enrolled at Carlos
3. Non-degree seeking students, adjunct faculty, and alumni
are not eligible to receive SEFLIN library cards.
4. Cards will be issued for one academic year to faculty
members, professional staff, and for one academic session to
5. Upon notification of delinquency from the landing library,
the patron will be notified. Borrowing privileges will
be suspended until all obligations to the library have been met.
6. SEFLIN Library Cardholders will agree to abide by the
rules of the lending library including delinquency fines and
lost material charges.
7. A list of all campuses that are SEFLIN members are located
at the Circulation Desk.
8. SEFLIN Library Card application requests are located
at the Circulation Desk.
B. SEFLIN Library Card lending privileges
at Carlos Albizu
1. Lending privileges at Carlos Albizu University
are extended to full-time currently employed faculty, staff and
students enrolled in institutions of higher education (SEFLIN
Members) upon presentation of a valid institutional identification.
2. The loan period is two weeks. Material may be
renewed one time by request prior to the original expiration
3. Audiovisual material may be viewed only in the library.
- Psychological testing materials are restricted to qualified
Carlos Albizu University faculty and students. They are
not available for loan or review to any other party.
- All Carlos Albizu University charges for overdue and
lost books apply to these special borrowers. The borrower
will accept the responsibility for the timely return of material
and/or the payment of any necessary charges.
C. SEFLIN Library Card Rules and Regulations
1. The holder must present the card at each library where
special use and borrowing privileges are desired. The lending
library will make arrangements (issue a card or equivalent) which
must be presented each time materials are borrowed.
2. The SEFLIN library card issued by the home campus of
a person and the card issued (or arrangements) for checkout privileges
made by the lending campus library are valid for only one academic
semester or term at a time. Expired cards will not be honored.
3. A cardholder should utilize his/her home campus’ library
materials or services before requesting materials or services
from another participating library. The purpose of the
card is to give access to materials or services not available
at one’s home campus’ library.
4. The rules for library use and checkout privileges are
those set by the lending campus’ library. Those rules
may include, but are not limited to, number of books issued,
type of materials loaned, length of loans, renewal policies,
charges for overdue or lost materials, and fees or deposits. Violation
of the rules or delinquency in borrowing renders the cardholder
ineligible for continued use or issuance of another card at a
later date unless the directors of both the home and lending
campus’ libraries consent.
5. Borrowed materials must be returned directly to the
campus’ library from which they were borrowed.
6. The lending library will report unrecovered books or
damages to the home campus of the borrower/user. The home
campus will impose its own sanctions upon the borrower/user for
library delinquency or material damage.
- Please contact the lending campus’ library for
specific use/borrowing rules and regulations.
A. Additional SEFLIN Services
1. SEFLIN Free Net: SEFLIN Free Net has been converted
to a World Wide Web (www) site. This web site offers easy
accessibility to community information, Hypertext Links, Enhanced
Index and Internet Search tools, open Internet access and graphics.