LIBRARY POLICIES AND REGULATIONSINTRODUCTION
- ABOUT USThe Albizu Library’s vision is to provide the Carlos Albizu University’s
community with timely access to the universal knowledge in the psychology,
behavioral and mental health sciences.
The Library’s mission is to support the quality of teaching and
research at Carlos Albizu University, by providing access to recorded
knowledge through the acquisition, organization, preservation, and
interpretation of information appropriate to the current and future
needs of the students, faculty, staff, and the immediate community
served by the Library.
In performance of this mission, the library’s goals are:
- Provide a comprehensive range of information resources to the Carlos
Albizu University community.
- Organize, as well as provide, convenient access to major national
and international information and research resources through a variety
of communication media and reciprocal agreements.
- Provide access and delivery mechanisms to information research encompassing
all media in a network research environment.
- Strengthen the library’s unique role by providing leadership
in areas of scholarly communication and information management.
- Strengthen the role of the Albizu Library in state, regional, and
local library networks.
- Play a leadership role in the development and implementation of programs,
which support university instruction and the information literacy needs
- Create an environment within and beyond the Library that encourages
research and learning